Western Local Land Services to offer a number of great opportunities at Agfair
01 May 2018
Landholders, community members and stakeholders are being encouraged to seek out Western Local Land Services at Agfair so they can be informed of upcoming opportunities that will be of benefit to their enterprise or organisation.
Western Local Land Services will be one of the expected 300 exhibitors at this year’s Agfair, which will be held this Friday, 4 May and Saturday, 5 May in Broken Hill.
While Western Local Land Services is looking forward to interacting with attendees across all matters of business, it has a number of key areas it is looking to promote which are topical in the Western region at present.
- Funding opportunities – Ag Innovation and Technology Small Grant along with Western Region Small Land Management Grants.
- Biosecurity services – wild dog control and the importance of being involved with your local Landcare or pest animal control group.
- Biosecurity services – taking interest for 1080 Pindone and canid pest ejector training following recent workshops throughout the Western region.
- Animal health – dealing with stock in light of current seasonal conditions. Discussing with landholders whether their livestock is fit to load.
- Weed control – looking at how improving your weed control and groundcover increases your productivity and profitability.
- Seasonal conditions – what support is currently available to landholders.
Western Local Land Services is also keen to hear from landholders and community members regarding any issues or areas they believe need greater resourcing or are an area of opportunity.
A number of stakeholders in the NSW Department of Primary Industries and the Rural Financial Counselling Service will also be present at the Western Local Land Services site.
Agfair will be held at the Broken Hill Racecourse on 4 and 5 May.
For further information regarding Western Local Land Services’ involvement with Agfair, contact Western Local Land Services Officer, Mary Camilleri on (08) 8082 5207.
Media contact: Charlie Whiteley, Western Local Land Services, 0428 679 974.