Early weaning workshop (Tibooburra)
21st Nov 2018 10:30am-3:30pm
'Pindera Downs Station'
ContactSenior Land Services Officer
Mitch Plumbe 0408 241 200
Livestock producers in the Western region will have a great opportunity to hear about the benefits and considerations associated with early weaning through two workshops that will be held in the Western region.
We are teaming up with North West Vets to present workshops where landholders will be informed on all matters relating to early weaning that are especially important as the drought continues throughout much of the state.
Topics that will be covered at the workshops include:
- principles of early weaning – what are the advantages
- animal health considerations of early weaning
- basic ruminant nutrition with particular reference to early weaned calves and lambs
- poddy calf and lamb management and general trouble shooting
- practical considerations in setting up an early weaning facility
- preparing for joining this season.
A second workshop will be held in Brewarrina on Tuesday, 13 November.