Local Advisory Groups
Regional Local Community Advisory Groups provide strategic advice to our local Boards around matters relating to our customers and stakeholders.
Local Community Advisory Groups ensure we meet our community's needs and are a legislative requirement under the Local Land Services Act 2013.
Western Local Land Services have established six Community Advisory Groups in the Western region – three Local Community Advisory Groups (LCAG) and three Aboriginal Community Advisory Groups (ACAG). They are comprised of representatives from a variety of backgrounds to ensure that a broad range of views from the community are considered.
Each group convenes several times a year to discuss issues and identify opportunities for the Western Local Board and Western Local Land Services management to consider. If you have any feedback on our programs and projects or an idea about how we can better service your local area, we encourage you to get in touch with the Chair of the Community Advisory Group nearest you.
Local Community Advisory Groups
- West LCAG (Broken Hill, Tibooburra, Wilcannia and surrounding areas) chaired by Louise Turner of "Goodwood Station", White Cliffs.
- North LCAG (Cobar, Bourke, Brewarrina, Wanaaring and surrounding areas) chaired by Stuart Mosely of "Manuka", Cobar.
- South LCAG (Balranald, Wentworth, Hillston and Ivanhoe and surrounding areas) chaired by Angus Whyte of "Wyndham Station", Wentworth.
Aboriginal Community Advisory Groups
- West ACAG chaired by Dennis Hall of Wilcannia Local Aboriginal Land Council.
- North ACAG chaired by Julie Knight of Angledool Aboriginal Community.
- South ACAG chaired by Lawrence Clarke of Winangakirri Aboriginal Corporation (Mawonga Station).
New LCAG members endorsed
The terms of the majority of LCAG members expired in June 2017 and as such the Western Local Board ran an Expressions of Interest process to fill these positions.
The new LCAGs are:
- West – Louise Turner (chair), Anika Molesworth, Luke Reynolds, David Sandow while Luke O'Connor and Bodie Hill are ongoing members as their previous terms hadn't expired.
- North – Stuart Mosely (chair), Michael Davis, Danni Ward, Greg Standfield, Matt Nicholson and Tim Davis.
- South – Gus Whyte (chair), Cosimo Cirillo, Clive Linnett, John McKeon, Marc O’Halloran and Chris Stanmore.
New ACAG members endorsed
The majority of ACAG members had their terms extended by two years by the Western Local Board in November 2017. While several members did not seek to be re-appointed, this allowed new members to join the existing ACAGs.
The new ACAGs are:
- West – Dennis Hall (chair), Cheryl Blore, Gerald Quayle and Jennifer Bates.
- North – Julie Knight (chair), Joan Evans, Peter Hardy, Edward Orcher and Thomas Morris.
- South – Lawrence Clarke (chair), Rick Ohlsen, Peter Harris, Lawrence Payne and Faye Johnstone.
For more information about the Community Advisory Groups, contact Team Leader - Land Services, Ben Slingsby on (03) 5021 9408 or via email.