Projects and programs
We support local people to improve the health and productivity of their area.
Russel Harland Memorial Scholarship
Applications are now open for the 2019 Russel Harland Memorial Scholarship program.
The scholarship was developed in memory of Russel Harland, a champion of natural resource management in western NSW, and is awarded annually to a tertiary student who displays strong personal, community and educational commitment to rural or regional areas, with particular reference to the Western region of NSW.
Eligible students will be approaching their final year of study. Relevant courses must be of Bachelor level and may include, but are not limited to Agriculture, Veterinary Science and Natural Resource Management.
The successful applicant will receive:
- $5,000 scholarship (one off amount over two installments)
- four weeks paid work
- one year guaranteed field officer position (approx $55,864 p/a)
- opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with a great team and advance your educational qualifications and personal skills.
Applications will be competitively assessed. Expressions of interest close on 26 October 2018.
Click here to view the criteria, the full terms of the scholarship and access an application form.
For further information contact Operations Manager, Andrew Hull on (03) 5021 9449.
Key Investment Priorities
The key areas for investment, through on-ground works and training, are:
Productive industries and adaptable, connected communities
- adaptable and resilient land managers
- sustainable and productive agricultural industry
- Aboriginal people connected to country, culture and heritage.
Healthy and resilient landscapes and aquatic systems
- healthy and resilient landscapes
- healthy and resilient aquatic systems.
Adaptive governance, decision making and management
Western Catchment Action Plan
The key investment priorities were developed with considerably input from local communities through the development of the 2013-2023 Western Catchment Action Plan (CAP). The CAP provides direction for natural resource management in the Western Local Land Services region.