The winners of the 2016 Life and Light in the Western Region Photo Competition have been announced at a gala awards night held at the Town Hall Façade in Broken Hill.
More than 150 entries across six categories were received from amateur photographers, with all images showcasing the Western Region.
2016 Competition: Rocks, Rust, Stars and Dust
The theme for the 2016 competition was ‘Rocks, Rust, Stars and Dust’, which hoped to inspire entrants to focus on the incredible western landscape (rocks), the history of the region (rust), our awesome night skies (stars) and the red earth (dust) that has come to characterise the west.
Winners of each of the categories:
- Resilient Local Communities: Fish ladder at Brewarrina Weir - Jordan Spencer
- Productive Local Communities: Ewe Been Here Long - Simon Seppelt
- Natural Local Environments: Galahs at water - Anika Molesworth
- Sustainable Agriculture: Precious - Lauren Sallustio
- Rocks, Rust, Stars and Dust: Bare Limbs - Katelynn Herring
- People’s Choice: Cobar Sunsets & Working Dogs - Emma Crameri
For more information on the competition, contact Martha Gouniai:
Phone: 0449 956 819
Image: 'Cobar Sunsets & Working Dogs', Emma Crameri, Winner of the People's Choice Award 2016
To view all of the winning entries from 2016 visit our Life and Light in the Western Region Photography Competition Facebook Page
The Life and Light in the Western Region Photo Competition was open to all amateur photographers but the photographs had to be taken in the Western Region.