Local Advisory Groups
Regional Local Community Advisory Groups have been established to provide advice to our Boards on activities and programs focused on community engagement.
They look at the effectiveness of Local Land Services' engagement with the community and address specific issues at the request of our Boards.
Local Community Advisory Groups are a legislative requirement to ensure we are meeting our community's needs.
We have established six Community Advisory Groups in the Western Region – three Local Community Advisory Groups (LCAGs) and three Aboriginal Community Advisory Groups (ACAGs). They are comprised of representatives from a variety of backgrounds to ensure that a broad range of views from the community are considered.
Each group convenes several times a year to discuss issues and identify opportunities for the Western Local Board and management to consider. If you have any feedback on our programs and projects or an idea about how we can better service your local area, we encourage you to get in touch with the Chair of the Community Advisory Group nearest you.
Local Community Advisory Groups
- Far West LCAG (Broken Hill, Tibooburra and Wilcannia and surrounding areas) chaired by Louise Turner of "Goodwood Station", White Cliffs
- East LCAG (Cobar, Bourke, Brewarrina and Wanaaring and surrounding areas) chaired by Stuart Mosely of "Manuka", Cobar
- Southern LCAG (Balranald, Wentworth, Hillston and Ivanhoe and surrounding areas) chaired by Angus Whyte of "Wyndham Station", Wentworth
Aboriginal Community Advisory Groups
- Far West ACAG chaired by Cheryl Blore of Menindee Local Aboriginal Land Council
- East ACAG chaired by Julie Knight of Angledool Aboriginal Community
- Southern ACAG chaired by Jenny Bates of Wentworth Aboriginal Community
There are some vacancies on the Far West LCAG and each of the three ACAGs. Residents within the Western Local Region who have an understanding of the issues affecting rural and remote communities and agricultural industries and/or a strong interest in caring for country are invited to nominate to fill these roles.
For more information about what's required read the relevant Terms of Reference and submit an Expression of Interest form
- LCAG Terms of Reference
- LCAG Expression of Interest
- ACAG Terms of Reference
- ACAG Expression of Interest