Grants and funding
We fund landholders, groups, organisations and individuals to improve their local environment by better managing our natural resources.
Our funding programs
Western region small land management grants
Grants of up to $5,000 addressing the following investment themes are now available:
- training, education and community activities.
Note that the following financial limits apply to the small land management grants program:
- individuals may receive a maximum of $5,000 per financial year. If you have successfully completed a project you may reapply if you have not reached the individual limit.
- groups may receive a maximum of $5,000 per property involved per financial year. If a group has successfully completed a project they may reapply to the funding category if the group has not reached the limit.
Training, education and community activities
Training activities: funding for individuals or groups to attend or arrange training related to natural resource management (NRM) practices. This activity is about achieving a positive change in land management.
Educational activities: funding for education providers to conduct a NRM activity with their students. This activity is about raising awareness of NRM issues in the community.
Community activities: funding for groups to conduct a NRM activity or to support a community event with a NRM theme. This activity is about raising awareness of NRM issues in the community.
Programs are continually open for applications until funding allocations are exhausted. Applications will be assessed monthly.
Application form for training activities (DOC 335KB)
Application form for education activities (DOC 332KB)
Application form for community activities (DOC 332KB)
For further information, contact the grant managers:
- training and communities - Kyra Roach (02) 6870 8626
- education activities - Kaye Gottschutzke (03) 5021 9409.
Total Grazing Pressure Projects
Projects can no longer be submitted. For more information contact Land Services Team Leader, Jennifer Azevedo (02) 6870 8622.