Key agricultural activities in our arid region are wool growing, cotton, grains, grapes and stone fruits. There is also increasing goat and sheep meat production.
Board member recruitment
We are looking for 45 enthusiastic and progressive people willing to make a difference to land management in NSW with an aim to help us improve primary production within healthy landscapes. Read more if you are interested in applying to join one of our 11 local boards.
The Western Region Small Land Management Grants Program provides funding for projects that improve and maintain the condition of our natural resources in the Western Region. Apply now!
Apply now for grants to manage total grazing pressure
'Like' our Facebook page to stay up to date with news, resources and events across the Western Local Region.
Read our newsletters and subscribe to keep up to date.
- Changing of the guard: on the hunt for Local Land Services board members
17 May 2016
- Have your say on new biodiversity legislation
12 May 2016
- Taking stock to your local show? You need a PIC!
05 May 2016
- Annual Reports highlight achievements in second year of operation
29 April 2016
- Landcare Coordinators set to build stronger community networks in Western NSW
21 April 2016
- Waging the war on weeds at Sunset Strip
06 April 2016