Key agricultural activities in our arid region are wool growing, cotton, grains, grapes and stone fruits. There is also increasing goat and sheep meat production.
Simply 'like' our new Facebook page to stay up to date with news, resources and events across the Western Local Region.
Amateur photos taken in the Western Local Region are welcome in the 2015 Life and Light Photo Competition. The theme is Our Land – My Home. Entries close 31 October.
Lodge your annual land and stock return by 31 August to help safeguard biosecurity and ensure market access for NSW producers.
The rates you pay to Local Land Services allow your local region to fund the services it provides to landholders and contribute to other important statewide functions.
Read our newsletters and subscribe to keep up to date.
Key achievements from Local Land Services' first year of operation are outlined in a publication that highlights statewide results as well as case studies from the 11 regions.
Four online tools are available to help landholders determine whether their clearing activities require approval.
- Ten days left to lodge Annual Land and Stock Return
21 August 2015
- Connecting culture, science and values the key to landscape management
13 July 2015
- Caring for Country and sharing knowledge key to healthy land
03 July 2015
- Major grant funding program announced
29 June 2015
- Annual land and stock returns vital in emergency management
29 June 2015
- Bloat deaths in cattle – Local land Services warning to graziers
24 June 2015