Key agricultural activities in our arid region are wool growing, cotton, grains, grapes and stone fruits. There is also increasing goat and sheep meat production.
The 2016 Life & Light in the Western Region Photo Competition is now open! This year's theme is Rocks, Rust, Stars & Dust and there is more than $400 to be won!
Local Land Services Western Region has published its 2016-2021 Local Strategic Plan. This plan emphasises an integrated service delivery model to meet the issues, risks and opportunities that characterise the communities, industries and landscapes of the region.
'Like' our Facebook page to stay up to date with news, resources and events across the Western Local Region.
Read our newsletters and subscribe to keep up to date.
- New strain of rabbit haemorrhagic virus confirmed in Western NSW
20 September 2016
- Workshop pushes for more sustainable management of kangaroos
14 September 2016
- Entries close soon in the Life & Light photo competition - send us your snaps!
13 September 2016
- Locust recording goes digital in Western NSW
12 September 2016
- Barnaby Joyce and Niall Blair join media release: $3 million to tackle pests and weeds in NSW
08 September 2016
- Sheep producers urged to be aware of footrot risk
02 September 2016