Key agricultural activities in our arid region are wool growing, cotton, grains, grapes and stone fruits. There is also increasing goat and sheep meat production.
Enter photo competition before 31 July .
The proposed Framework outlines the legislative tools and powers required to manage pests, diseases, weeds and contaminants in NSW. To Find out more and have your say go to www.dpi.nsw.gov.au.
The first three self-assessable codes for clearing under the Native Vegetation Act 2003 are now on exhibition and open for comment.
Voting has closed in the Local Land Services Board Member elections. Find out who the newly elected Board Members are for Western region.
- Landholders invited to highlight successful drought strategies
18 June 2014
- First round of Local Land Services rates set to go
05 June 2014
- High level of interest in carbon farming opportunities
02 June 2014
- Western Aboriginal people on big screen at VIVID Sydney Festival
27 May 2014
- Workshops in Milparinka and Broken Hill area
26 May 2014
- Connection with country highlighted by Archie Roach
17 May 2014