Key agricultural activities in our arid region are wool growing, cotton, grains, grapes and stone fruits. There is also increasing goat and sheep meat production.
The Western Region Small Land Management Grants Program provides funding for projects that improve and maintain the condition of our natural resources in the Western Region. Apply now!
Consultation on the Draft Western Local Strategic Plan 2015-2020 closed at midnight on 22 November. Find out how your feedback will be used.
'Like' our Facebook page to stay up to date with news, resources and events across the Western Local Region.
Congratulations to the winners in the 2015 Life and Light Photo Competition. See their entries.
Read our newsletters and subscribe to keep up to date.
Apply now for grants to manage total grazing pressure
- Landcare Coordinators set to build stronger community networks in Western NSW
21 April 2016
- Waging the war on weeds at Sunset Strip
06 April 2016
- Putting mesquite on the map
30 March 2016
- New Local Landcare Coordinators hold first meeting at Stockton
15 March 2016
- Hurry - fencing grants ending soon
14 March 2016
- Applications now open for $3 million pest and weed drought funds
26 February 2016